|Home News Prof. Zahran Treatments Courses OsteoCareTM Links Contacts|
Cairo University 1995 Ph.D (Periodontology)
Cairo University 1992 M.D.S (Periodontology)
Cairo University 1987 B.D.S
Professor of Periodontology 2006-Present
BOARD OF DIRECTORS - APPOINTMENTS:
• President of the British Academy of Implant Dentistry for the
Middle-East and Africa (2010).
Prof. Amr Zahran, BDS, MDS, PhD.
1. Guided tissue regeneration (GTR) using a new platinum foil barrier in the treatment of periodontal osseous defects. Cairo Dental Journal 15 (1): 585-590, 1999.
2. Immediate localized ridge augmentation using guided bone regeneration (GBR) with xenogenic graft. Cairo Dental Journal 16 (1): 35-39, 2000.
3. Clinical evaluation of peptide-enhanced bone graft in the treatment of maxillary class II molar furcations. Cairo Dental Journal 16 (1): 49-52, 2000.
4. Healing response of Marginal tissue defects following Periodontal plastic surgical procedures in smokers and non-smokers. Cairo Dental Journal 16 (1): 57-60, 2000.
5. A comparative clinical study for two synthetic bone grafts in the treatment of intrabony defects.
6. Evaluation of different root resection procedures: A four-year study. Cairo Dental Journal 16 (1): 31-34, 2000.
7. Osseointegrated implants for single tooth replacement in type I diabetic patients: A two-year follow-up study. Cairo Dental Journal 161 (4): 339-346, 2000.
8. Clinical and microbiological evaluation of osseointegrated dental implant in partially edentulous patients with Aggressive Periodontitis. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.48, No.2, 1015-1021, April, 2002.
9. A comparative Clinical evaluation of two different GTR barriers in the treatment of lingual class II furcation defects. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.48, No.2, 963-968, April, 2002.
10. Frequency of Hepatitis C virus (HCV) among family member of chronically infected HCV patients. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.48, No.2, 1001-1007, April, 2002.
11. Histological aspects of peri-implant tissues around failed dental implants removed due to mobility. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.50, No.1, 417-422, January, 2004.
12. Treatment of peri-implant dehiscence defects using bioresorbable collagen barrier supported by allograft (DFDBA). Journal of the Egyptian Scientific Society for Dental Implantologists, P; 93-100, April,2003.
13. Guided bone regeneration utilizing autologous platelet-rich plasma in combination with bioresorbable materials around immediate dental implants. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.51, No.1, 85-92, January, 2005.
14. Immediate loading of dental implants using provisional acrylic resin restorations versus porcelain-fused-to-metal (ceramometal) restorations. Egyptian Dental Journal Vol.52, No.3, 1381-1392, July, 2006.
15. Immediate post-extraction implants placed into infected sites. Journal of Dental Ideology, Vol.2, No.2, 2006.
16. Gauld’s technique: Clinical innovation of flapless placement of self-topping implants with the aid of osteotomes in the posterior maxilla. A case report. Egyptian Dental Journal, Vol. 53, No.3, July, 2007.
17. Clinical evaluation of the OsteoCare’s Mini and Midi implants for immediate loading of mandibular overdentures. Implant Dentistry Today (UK), Vol.2, No.1, P(54-59) March, 2008
18. Clinical evaluation OsteoCare Midi one-piece implants for immediate loading. Implant Dentistry Today (UK), Vol.2, No. 3, P(26-32) September, 2008
Prof. Zahran supervised over 15 Master degrees and PhD theses regarding the field of Dental Implantology and Periodontology over the last eleven years.
Master Degree Theses
2. Evaluation of guided bone regeration collagen barrier supported by autografts in treatment of peri-implant bone defects. 1998.
3. Clinical evaluation of the immediate loading of dental implants in patients suffering from osteoporosis. 2003.
4. Evaluation of sub-epithelial connective tissue graft to improve esthetics by correction of buccal ridge concavities during insertion of dental implants. 2003.
5. Evaluation of guided bone regeneration collagen barrier supported by autografts in treatment of peri-implant bone defects. 2003.
6. Comparison of equine xenograft versus DFDBA allograft in treatment of periodontal intrabony defects. 2005.
7. Clinical evaluation of fisiograft material for treatment of intrabony defects in chronic periodontitis. 2006.
8. Evaluation of a new generation of self-tapping one-piece implant in fresh extraction sockets versus healed bony sites 2006.
9. Clinical evaluation of the immediate implant placement in fresh extraction sockets with or without the use of equine xenograft. 2009.
10. Influence of the Horizontal and Vertical Distance Between a Tooth and an Implant on Incidence of Interdental Papilla 2009.
11. Evaluation of immediate implant placement into interradicular bone of freshly extracted molar socket with or without grafting material 2009.
12. Evaluation of the immediate loading of one-piece implants when placed in fresh extraction sockets with and without the use of bone augmentation material 2009.
13. Evaluatation of periimplant tissue changes following immediate implant placement.
2. Evaluation of immediately loaded dental implants placed in healed bony sites with or without addition of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP). 2008 (PhD).
3. Clinical And Radiographic Evaluation Of Osteotome-Mediated Sinus Floor Lifting With And Without Bone Grafts With Simultaneous Implant Placement. 2008 (PhD)
4. Immediate loading of single implant in fresh extraction sockets of periodontally hopeless anterior teeth 2008(PhD)
5. Clinical evaluation of splitting and spreading of atrophic ridges to place dental implants. 2009(PhD)
1. Egyptian Dental Association, 9th International Dental Congress, Cairo, Egypt, November 16th –19th, 1999.
2. Egyptian Dental Association, 12th International Dental Congress, Cairo, Egypt, November 29th – December 2nd, 2005.
3. Alexandria Oral Implantology Association, 5th International Implantology Congress March 9-11th, 2005.
4. Area de formacion, dental Doctors, Madrid, Spain, April 22nd, 2006.
5. DGZI (Sharing Experience) 6th International Implantology Congress, Alexandria, Egypt, April, 27th – 29th 2006.
6. The 2nd International Syrian German Congress of Implantology, Aleppo, Syria, 8-10 September, 2006.
7. Association of Dental Implantology (United Kingdom) ADI National Forum, Kings College, London (UK) November, 3rd , 2007.
8. The 5th International Scientific Meeting, Faculty of Dentistry ,University of Aleppo, Syria, 24th-26th, April, 2007.
9. Egyptian Clinical Dental Society, 13th International Dental Congress, Cairo, Egypt, Feb. 1st -3rd, 2008.
10. Iranian Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, 4th International Congress, Tehran, Iran, Feb. 20-22nd, 2008.
11. The 1st International Dental Congress, Faculty of Dentistry , Cairo University , Cairo, Egypt, 25th-28th, March, 2008.
12. The Scientific Symposium of the Faculty of Dentistry of 6th of October University, Cairo, Egypt, November, 19th, 2008.
13. The first scientific meeting of the ESOI (Egyptian Society of Oral Implantology) , Alexandria, Egypt, July, 7th , 2009.
14. Royal College of Surgeons of Edin. (RCSEd) Courses , Nasser Institute Hospital & Research Centre, Cairo, Egypt, July, 11th-16th, 2009.
15. Egyptian Dental Association, 14th
International Dental Congress, Cairo, Egypt, November 11th
All detailed documents will be furnished upon request.